The OSX Bean Loader is only supported in OSX 10.9 and above.
Check our Development Release Schedule for information on other platforms.
Install the Arduino application
- Download and extract the latest Arduino app.
- Install the Arduino app into your Applications folder.
Install the Bean Loader application
- Download and open the Bean Loader app.
- Drag and drop the Bean loader icon into the Applications folder.
- Double click the “Open me!” icon.
Associate with Arduino
- When the notifier pops up, you will need to associate to the Arduino app in your Applications folder.
- If no prompt appears or if you’d like to re-associate, open the Bean Loader, click “Bean Loader” in the menu bar and choose “Associate”.
Now that the applications are installed, let’s upload a sketch!
Choose a Sketch
- Open the Arduino app.
- Select the LightBlue Bean as the Board you are using
- Click Tools ->
- Go to Boards ->
- Select LightBlue Bean
- Now you can select the Blink Sketch
- Click File ->
- Got to Examples ->
- Open LightBlue-Bean ->
- Choose the sketch Blink
- Click the “Verify” check mark in the top left corner.
Connect to your Bean
- Double click on your Bean to connect to it, or right click and choose “connect”.
- You can change the name of a Bean once you’ve connected to it by clicking its name.
|Tip:||If you have problems finding which Bean to connect to, use the RSSI to find the one closest to you. A larger RSSI means a closer Bean. (i.e -32 is closer than -56)|
- The “Blink” sketch you verified in Arduino is ready for loading and shown in grey text on the bottom of the Bean loader app.
- Right click on your connected Bean and select “Program Sketch”.
- Once the sketch finishes uploading, the Bean will run it!
|Tip:||The “Blink” sketch uses the LED and is therefore power hungry. To preserve your battery when you are finished, right-click the Bean and select “Power Off Arduino”.|
Try the Arduino User’s Guide to get the most out of your Bean project!