Embedded Software Engineer
We are looking to hire an experienced Embedded Software (Firmware) Engineer.
- Be the Lead Embedded Software Engineer on our most challenging projects
- Mentor our junior developers
- Lead architecture design for our embedded software development projects
- Coordinate technical approach with cross-discipline team members
- Collaborate with our clients to determine their needs and define ideal technical strategies
- Define product requirements and specifications
- Define technical approach to embedded software projects
- Assist in creation of development plans
- Lead embedded software development team in continued process improvements
- Participate in interviewing and onboarding new team members
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience developing on embedded platforms, bringing products from architectural inception through production
- Experience developing for extremely low-power devices
- Experience developing in memory constrained systems
- Experience in software architecture design for embedded systems
- Strong leadership skills and a desire to teach others
- Experience designing data transfer and command protocols for connected products
- Experience with ARM, GCC, common peripherals (SPI, I2C, wireless connectivity stacks, USB)
- Experience with embedded RTOS and bare metal development
- Experience with mobile software development is a bonus
- Experience bringing up and debugging hardware using logic analysis, oscilloscope, etc…
Punch Through culture is focused on humble collaboration, teaching & learning from each other, innovation, creativity, adaptability, accountability, ethical decision making, and most of all, happiness & passion for our work. Our ideal employees enjoy and thrive in such an environment.
Office Manager & Project Coordinator
We are looking for an individual to join our NE Minneapolis office in an office manager/project coordinated position.
In this role you would be a key member of our operations team, supporting our staff and helping management keep projects on track. As you grow and learn you should feel empowered to make your own decisions without input from management. You will be managed with respect and compassion—and we expect the same in return. The responsibilities of this position are two-fold, managing the day to day operations of the office while helping coordinate projects with our external consulting projects.
- Manage email inquiries and shipping issues with our customers
- Schedule meetings for various members of the organization
- Onboard new employees (setup accounts, get setup on Gusto.com)
- Invoicing clients and recording payments
- Organize work related gatherings, retreats, and events
- General clerical duties (copying, scanning, filing, etc.)
- Manage office budget and expenses
- Manage and book travel arrangements for employees
- Responsible for assisting project manager(s) and/or project teams in many aspects of project management including planning, tracking, reporting, documentation, communication, and issue resolution under guidance. Generally, works on simple to moderate complexity projects.
- Schedule meetings with engineering team and clients
- Coordinate with staff to get project feedback and provide status updates and reports to clients.
- Issue weekly updates to customers on project status
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of projects
- Generate time reports for projects
- Take notes for client meetings and distribute internally and to the client.
- Work with project stakeholders, communicating project information appropriate to each level
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of similar work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Proficiency in DropBox, GoogleDocs, and other office applications
- Superb effective/personable communication skills (written/oral)
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Clear and concise writing skills
- Must be able to work in a Mac environment.
If interested, please submit your resume with a cover letter, writing sample, and three references.Contact Us